[parenscript-devel] Package system integration.

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:12:14 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

I've pushed a patch that removes the *enable-package-system* stuff and
gives what I think are reasonable defaults to packages (namely,
parenscript, parenscript-javascript and parenscript-user packages
don't prefix their symbols - this can be customized if you want to),
and automatically treats all symbols without corresponding PS packages
as though they were in parenscript-user (with a flag that can enable
printed warnings for this). This gives the expected results when you
don't use the package system (ie - no symbols are prefixed), just like
the code before the addition of the package system. I think this is a
definite improvement over having what was basically two different ways
of treating symbols, and it is also nice from an ease-of-use point of
view. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or about any
problems that come up with the new code.