[Pal-devel] Can't run examples/hello.lisp

Tomi Neste tomi.neste at netikka.fi
Wed Jan 2 21:10:12 UTC 2008

David N Murray <dmurray at jsbsystems.com> kirjoitti Wed, 02 Jan 2008
22:52:40 +0200:

> I still am seeing a frame with the correct title, a black background, but
> no text.  I also tried the example from the manual p. 7.  In order to get
> that example to work, I had to do (use-package :pal) (It might be because
> I'm using an old ASDF).  That got the example to compile, but again, no
> text when I run it.  I also looked up the params to clear-screen and
> changed the color to (127 127 127) and (255 255 255), but I still only
> saw
> a black background with no text.  Hitting Enter makes the window
> disappear, so (wait-for-keypress) is working :-)  According to my
> handy-dandy html color chart, I was expecting a yellow background
> initially, then in my tests a (I'm not sure what color) and then a white
> background.

Looks like event handling is working fine but for some reason window
update is not working. Just to be sure try to upgrade to the cvs head
version. (Note: Colors are handled a bit differently in the latest
version; instead of (clear-screen 255 255 255) you should use
(clear-screen (color 255 255 255)). But some functions still take separate
rgba values, it is a bit messy atm...)

I'll see if I can get it working on my own xming setup.

> Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.  I'm using the latest SDL,
> but whatever my slackware install has for OpenGL, which looks like
>
> OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5.3)
>
> (per glxinfo).  The OpenGL website talks about version 2.1, but I haven't
> come across a downloads link.  Looks like its heavily integrated into X.

That should work just fine.

--
tomppa