[Pal-devel] PAL v1.1 & PAL-GUI v0.1 released

Tomi Neste tomi.neste at netikka.fi
Wed Oct 31 17:52:52 UTC 2007

PAL v1.1 was just released. Unfortunately I needed to make a few changes
to the api that might break something.
Most important changes from v1.0:

- Name changes; reset-blend-mode => reset-blend, circles-overlap =>
circles-overlap-p,
   point-inside-rectangle => point-inside-rectangle-p, point-in-line =>
point-in-line-p.

- Added color.lisp, WITH-BLEND now uses COLOR struct instead of a list of
rgba
   values. By v1.2 all rgba arguments will be replaced with COLOR.

- Removed CURRY.

- Image drawing should be much faster under certain conditions.

- I finally started working on the manual...

PAL-GUI is slowly approaching usable state (I hope...). Currently there
are still some look and feel issues (clipping etc.) but there are already
a few working widgets. Naturally, it is not documented yet but there are a
few examples and it shouldn't be too hard to use. Basically it is just a
regular windows/widgets/callbacks gui implemented in pal and integrated
with its event loop.

Currently on my todo list for v1.2:

- Few utility functions for using PAL with Imago
(http://common-lisp.net/project/imago/), for screenshots etc.

- Real drawing primitives would be nice, proper polygons and lines, svg
importer etc. Currently PAL's draw-* functions map fairly directly to
OpenGL and are quite limited (and slow).

- Batched image rendering for extra speed. Kinda like improved draw-image*.

- TTF support.

- Possibly merge pal and pal-gui.

- Documentation. Always the last one ;)

--