[Pal-devel] Library is frozen...

Tomi Neste flatlander at yellow-hut.com
Thu Oct 11 19:44:01 UTC 2007

Luke J Crook <luke at balooga.com> kirjoitti Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:56:08 +0300:

> Tomi Neste writes:
>> Actually I've been working more with PAL lately (playing with the
>> Chipmunk 2d physics library
>> (http://www.slembcke.net/photos/v/programming/chipmunk/), it could make
>> a nice add-on package for PAL :) )
>
> I've been looking at this library as well, for integration into
> lispbuilder.  - Luke

So far Chipmunk seems great, it is quite fast and seems to work fine with
CL. I would recommend it to anyone who wants an easy way to add some 2d
physics in their games. So far I have only played with the features that I
immediately need but full bindings shouldn't be a big job.
Only problem is that it would need some C glue since it uses a lot of
structure values as arguments and AFAIK CFFI doesn't support those.

And of course it would be nice to have something similar written in CL...

--
tomppa