[Pal-devel] Recent changes and future plans

Tomi Neste flatlander at yellow-hut.com
Fri Jul 13 22:02:36 UTC 2007

I just committed some changes to CVS head that might(will) break your
existing stuff, so here is little summary:

- I implemented Matthieu Villeneuve's suggestions about :halign etc. on
draw-image.
- Cleaned up some inconsistencies in several functions, things should work
a bit more sensibly now
- Renamed draw-image-part to draw-image*. For consistencys sake I'll
probably add them same :angle etc. options to it as is in draw-image.
- Removed draw-quad. Hope no one was using that... I'll replace it with
something more general.
- Added/fixed/clarified the examples.
- Sprinkled some random bugs around the code for everyones pleasure,
please report if you find them :)

In addition to polishing the base Pixel Art Library I'm planning a few
projects that build on top it, namely:

- Simple GUI for things like game editors. If I manage to make it
skinnable and general enough it could be also used in games.
- TTF support
- Native CL bitmapfont builder, or if anyone knows a reasonable
crossplatform app that already does a good job at this let me know.
- Maybe some kind of general purpose sprite library.

As usual, if anyone has any feature(s) they would like to see implemented
let me know.