Packaging an app that uses osicat with asdf:make

Jason McBrayer jmcbray at carcosa.net
Fri Jun 28 16:20:06 UTC 2019

Hi, I'm new to the list and fairly new to common-lisp. I have a question
that is not actually 100% specific to osicat, probably, but I don't know
where to ask, and osicat was where I ran into the problem. My apologies
if this is off topic or otherwise inappropriate.

I've written a small application that uses osicat for finding file
permissions and distinguishing files from directories. It has an asdf
system definition, and I load it with ql:quickload.I've packaged it
into a single executable using asdf:make, and it works fine, as long as
I'm running it as the user I built it as. Running as another user, it
errors out on not being able to load a shared library somewhere in my
.cache directory; I guess this is what osicat compiled when I did
(ql:quickload :osicat).

My question is, how can I make this application available to other users
on my system? I've tried putting the shared library in /usr/local/lib64
and running ldconfig, but the application still looks for it in its
original location.

For reference, I am using SBCL 1.4.14 on 64-bit Fedora Linux.