colons in pathnames - SBCL vs CCL

Luís Oliveira loliveira at common-lisp.net
Wed Jan 8 15:34:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM, John Morrison
<jm at symbolic-simulation.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the query, and sorry for the delay.  Here is a cut-and-paste of
> what passes for a test-case.  Basically, I have an old symbolic link hanging
> about, which has ":0" at the end (the X11 display number?), and which
> further happens to be a symbolic link to yet another old file - they are
> presumably created by Linux' DCOP (although I am not familiar with the
> details)...  SBCL returns a (long) list of pathnames that includes both the
> symlink (with the ":0" in the pathname) and the pointed-to file.

John, do you want to have a go at fixing Osicat to use
uiop:parse-native-namestring? (Please send a pull request to
<https://github.com/luismbo/osicat>.) Adding regression tests for this
bug, would nice as well.

Faré, is UIOP installable via quicklisp or is it distributed bundled
with ASDF only? I'd like to use PARSE-NATIVE-NAMESTRING without
depending on a specific version of ASDF.

If it isn't, I suppose we have to either (a) depend on a specific
version of ASDF (how is that done?), (b) figure out a way to have UIOP
as an independent library, or (c) import parse-native-namestring into
Osicat.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira