[pg-cvs] librt soname

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:57:08 UTC 2009

I've been experimenting with application delivery on various linux
systems, toward the elusive goal of being able to dump an executable
with SBCL that works on machines other than my own. One problem I've
encountered is an ability to load reload librt on some systems
(notably, the kubuntu 7 VM I'm playing in).

osicat/posix/unix.lisp contains the following library definition:

(define-foreign-library librt
  (:linux (:or "librt.so" "/usr/lib/librt.so")))
(use-foreign-library librt)

Despite my uncertain understanding of the rules for shared library
naming (and for that matter, where librt is expected to reside), I
think the following definition is preferable:

(define-foreign-library librt
  (:linux (:or "librt.so.1" "/lib/librt.so.1")))
(use-foreign-library librt)