Online Lisp Meeting #11

Michał "phoe" Herda phoe at disroot.org
Fri Nov 13 21:12:55 UTC 2020

Hello!

We've had about a month of breathing room since the tenth Online Lisp
Meeting. Ready for the next ten?

I allowed myself to occupy the slot for the eleventh meeting. I will
talk about the basics of control flow in Common Lisp and how the
primitives exposed by Common Lisp (IF, TAGBODY/GO, BLOCK/RETURN-FROM,
CATCH/THROW, UNWIND-PROTECT, FUNCTION/APPLY) can be used to implement
various control flow structures - including the ones constituting the
parts of Common Lisp condition system that, indeed, perform transfers of
control. We will have a gentle introduction to all of the primitives
that we'll use, so even non-CL programmers should feel at home.

A short Jitsi talk with everyone will happen just after the meeting, too!

Date/time/location: