Fwd: Online Lisp Meeting #2

Michał "phoe" Herda phoe at disroot.org
Sun May 24 20:12:48 UTC 2020

Good news, everyone! It is time to announce the second Online Lisp Meeting.

This time, the speaker will be Michael Raskin of
[`agnostic-lizard`](https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/mraskin/agnostic-lizard)
fame; he will talk about **Query-FS: Integrating with UNIX from Common
Lisp via FS API**.

> The talk is about Query-FS, a virtual filesystem representing various
queries (for example, SQL queries to a database) as directories. There
will be a demo of what basic usage looks like, and an explanation of how
it works inside.

> Warning: while Query-FS is implemented is Common Lisp, its goal is
integrating with non-Lisp things across a POSIX-defined interface. It
probably makes little sense in an environment integrated around a single
program (such as Emacs). And some included DSLs even look vaguely
similar to Bash. So, it is a tool in Common Lisp for non-Lispy use.

As before, the talk will be pre-recorded and played back on Twitch, with
the ability to comment on the Twitch chat during playback. Afterwards,
we will have an online drink and chat on Jitsi.

Date/time/location:

* Date: 1st June 2020
* Time: 13:00 CEST - https://time.is/en/CEST
* Talk: https://www.twitch.tv/TwitchPlaysCommonLisp
* Hangout: https://chat.heisig.xyz/TwitchPlaysCommonLisp
* Slides: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/cl-fuse/query-fs/-/wikis/Main-page

Massive thanks to Marco Heisig for providing the Jitsi instance where we
can hang out after the talk.

A mailing list has been created for the purpose of organizing and
promoting the online talks. Further announcements will be posted there.