Online Lisp meeting series

Michał "phoe" Herda phoe at disroot.org
Wed Apr 29 11:13:29 UTC 2020

Hello!

First and foremost, massive thanks to all the organizers, all the
speakers, and all the participants of European Lisp Symposium 2020 - the
first and greatest fully online edition of the conference, surprisingly
nice and wonderful in its own unique way. The recordings are available
at https://www.twitch.tv/elsconf/videos

Since the new formula turned out to be good and we are still likely
going to be stuck in homes for the forthcoming weeks, I have decided to
start a more cyclic Lisp meeting that is smaller in programme but more
frequent in time, so we have more chances to meet and hang out with
members of our Lisp community - even if just via chat and webcams.

Similar to the ELS, the talk will be pre-recorded and streamed on Twitch
with live chat available during the talk. Then, everyone is invited to
participate in an online discussion and after-party on Jitsi with
webcams and microphones. We can hang out, chat, comment, gossip, have a
virtual drink, and make some plans for the next meetings.

I can bootstrap the series. I will talk about multiple independent
condition systems in a single Common Lisp image. I will use an example
where I want to integrate two distinct condition/restart systems under
one debugger: a host one provided by the Lisp implementation, and an
independent and portable condition system.

Date/time/location: