[noctool-devel] what is a cpu-monitor?

Ingvar ingvar at hexapodia.net
Thu Jun 5 21:31:18 UTC 2008

> Hi Ingvar,
>
> What is the CPU monitor supposed to do?  I can't find a PROCESS method for
> it. :P :)  I'd be happy to try to write such a method if only I could grok
> what you're thinking here. :)

I think it was supposed to log in and snag the system load. I also thought it
was all written. It isn't, though.

Oh, hang on, it's one of those that'll need a multi-stage PROCESS, one that
just gets the cpu-monitor object, then another one that also has teh equipment
as a class (since getting CPU utilisation is OS specific, IOS, linux and
windows do it all differently). Might've been why I didn't write it.

I'll probably be busy with the network code for a bit more and then have a
play with a NAGIOS-test framework, so feel free to go ahead.

//Ingvar