[munich-lisp] LISPers in Munich?

Peter Fischer letzterfreiercoolername at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 20:49:19 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 07.09.2010 04:16, Christian Brumm wrote:
> Peter, your suggestions sound very reasonable. Now we only need people
> who are able to talk about all this ... :)

I found
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/lispbox/
a out-of-the-box ready pimped emacs+slime combination for use with the
"Practical Common Lisp" book.

It's a bit dated, but it should be possible to update the packages'
version numbers. Someone is already trying it:
http://common-lisp.net/project/lispbox/

> I can help with advertising, I live near LMU, and I guess TUM is not too
> far. Also some people at work might be interested.
>
> As Christoph mentioned, first half of November (semester break ends
> October 18th) seems reasonable and should give us enough time to prepare.

This Date seems fine.

> Does someone know where to get a room (e.g. works or studies at
> University)? I guess choosing a date and a room are highly correlated. ;)
It certainly is easier if s/o internal to the TUM could be made
interested in such a meeting...

TUM: (U2 Theresienstraße)
https://campus.tum.de/tumonline/wborggruppen.gruppen?pOrgNr=38011

FHM (tramway 20/21):
http://www.tb.fh-muenchen.de/index.php?id=4

LMU (U6 Universität):
http://www.uni-muenchen.de/einrichtungen/zuv/uebersicht/dez_iv/ref_iv1/aufgabengeb/vermietungen/gew_vermietungen/index.html

further possibilities:
http://www.einewelthaus.de/index.php?id=168 rent see
http://www.einewelthaus.de/fileadmin/content/01_pdfs/raummieten_01_01_09.pdf

one is still missing, can't find the snippet. :(

We should also not forget that we certainly need a locality for having
some drinks & snacks afterwards. :) So a room in the outback would not
be optimal.

Cheers,
  Peter