[munich-lisp] Next Munich Lispers Meeting

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Thu Dec 4 20:46:37 UTC 2008

jimka wrote @ Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:43:35 +0100:

> I've also proposed an agenda.  Several people yesterday said they
> might be interested in knowing about how Lisp is used in EDA,
> Electronic Design Automation.   I'll be happy to show some of the
> interesting features of SKILL (a lisp dialect) which I use at my job.

That would be great.

> SKILL, an uncommon lisp
>
>     * Some cool features
>     * Similarities and differences from CL
>     * Common Lisp-like extensions to SKILL
>     * A very opinionated and probably objectionable view of
>               CLOS (I think it should be).

A CLOS discussion would be nice to have. I remember some other people
mentioning they've never come around to dive into it. I'm a bit uncertain
about your stance (some native speaker connotaions might have been lost),
are you pro or con CLOS? Can someone else defend the other position?

> May I suggest we meet on 27 January at 19h00?
> The same location would be great, if we can reserve the room again.

After 18:00 the room is basically always available.

A better room would be easier to get after 7th of February (semester ends
then). Of course the rather warm climate of Z11 (named Takla-Makan) makes
it all more chummy, and I wouldn't want to take that away from anyone.

--
Andy