[munich-lisp] Next Munich Lispers Meeting

Jim Newton jimka at rdrop.com
Thu Dec 4 13:43:35 UTC 2008

Hi everyone, Thanks for attending yesterday's Munich-lispers meeting.
And thanks Tobias for a very insightful and entertaining presentation
about SLIME.

May I suggest that we have another meeting at the end of January.
I've posted onto the wiki http://wiki.alu.org/Munich
Anyone can update it who wants to.

I've also proposed an agenda.  Several people yesterday said they
might be interested in knowing about how Lisp is used in EDA,
Electronic Design Automation.   I'll be happy to show some of the
interesting features of SKILL (a lisp dialect) which I use at my job.

SKILL, an uncommon lisp

    * Some cool features
    * Similarities and differences from CL
    * Common Lisp-like extensions to SKILL
    * A very opinionated and probably objectionable view of
              CLOS (I think it should be).

May I suggest we meet on 27 January at 19h00?
The same location would be great, if we can reserve the room again.

Anyone in favor?

-jim

| Jim E. Newton (jimka at cadence.com)            desk +49-(0)89-4563-1918  |
| Methodology Services Europe                   fax +49-(0)89-4563-1819  |
| Cadence Design Systems GmbH                            Munich Germany  |
|           If you won't do it in the rain, you won't do it.             |