[munich-lisp] Re: munich lisp users

Wolfgang Mederle wolfgang.mederle at stud.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Dec 8 23:59:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

I thought I'd answer to the list to introduce myself to all subscribers.

On 03.12.2004, at 7.56 Uhr, Jim Newton wrote:

> i notice your email address is at the university, are you a student?

Yes, I study Computational Linguistics at LMU. Next Saturday my written
exam is due, in January are the oral examinations for Computational
Linguistics and Computer Science, and after that I'll need another two
to three semesters to finish my other minor, which is Industrial
Management.

Other than that, I'm giving a class "Unix-Einführung für
Computerlinguisten" and work as a freelance sysadmin and course
instructor for Linux Security and Internet Search.

> are there other people at the university who might be interested?

I'm doing a lot of Lisp advocacy at University, and I even accomplished
to write the program for my thesis in Common Lisp (the topic was
"Automatische Adreßerkennung -- ein Ansatz für deutsche Adressen und
seine Implementierung"). My professor already asked me to reimplement
it in "a more compatible language" like Perl or C, though ...

> I am thinking that what i'd like to do is have a infomal meeting
> sometime in december just to
> get an idea of what people would like to do, how often to meet, what
> are the areas of interest
> etc... then in january have another meeting including some
> presentations and maybe a guest speaker.

Sounds good to me. I won't be able to do much until the end of January,
but I'll definitely be there.

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Mederle