[movitz-devel] Filesystem question

Frode V. Fjeld frode at netfonds.no
Fri Nov 27 08:04:53 UTC 2009

Ram Vedam <rvedam at gmail.com> writes:

> I tried creating an image with the ext2fs.lisp file that is inside the
> tmp directory to see to what degree has the filesystem being
> implemented, and when I boot into the image using QEMU, the image just
> goes into an endless cycle of rebooting. Has anyone had any luck
> trying to create an image using this port of ext2? If so, besides the
> endless rebooting (which I'm currently trying to figure out how to
> deal with) are there any other known issues or is it just that it
> isn't completed?

I would suppose that it just isn't completed. When you generate the
image, take note of how early the ext2 file is "loaded" at boot-time. A
typical cause of boot-time crash/reboot is that certain things (like
memory allocation) is attempted before crucial parts of the run-time
have been set up.

--
Frode V. Fjeld