[movitz-devel] Re: A 32-bit read/write with %io-port-read/write-succession

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Sun Sep 12 20:01:01 UTC 2004

Elliott A Johnson <human at csufresno.edu> writes:

> Frode, I don't know how busy you are, I assume you've got a lot on
> your plate, but I'm just starting out with learning some asm in a
> processors class and was wondering if you could explain some about
> what you did in ia-x86?  Specifically, how it interfaces with lisp
> and what syntax changes you settled on.  Any info would be cool :)

Obviously the CPU as such defines no syntax, but otherwise I made the
obvious choice (as others have in the past, certainly) to represent an
instruction stream as a list of instructions (lists) and labels
(symbols). The syntax is listed in BNF-form more or less in
ia-x86/read.lisp. There's not really any special "interfacing with
lisp", the instruction-streams (programs) are operated on as any other
sort of data.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld