[mod-lisp-devel] mod_lisp and virtual hosts

Alain.Picard at memetrics.com Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Fri Feb 18 03:06:30 UTC 2005

Hello everyone!

I've started using mod_lisp in earnest.  I'm trying to set it up
in a possibly unsupported way (Google didn't turn up anything)
but perhaps someone already knows how to do this.

What I want to do is have multiple virtual hosts within an Apache (1.3),
and have each virtual host use it's own mod_lisp interface.
I.e. I'd like to have multiple Lisp servers, e.g.

LispServer  127.0.0.1 3001 "alpha"
LispServer  127.0.0.1 3002 "beta"
LispServer  127.0.0.1 3003 "gamma"
etc.

and then have each virtual host use one and only one server, such as:

<VirtualHost 203.23.2.1>
 <Location /asp-agg>
  SetHandler lisp-handler1  # or some such
 </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 203.23.2.2>
 <Location /asp-agg>
  SetHandler lisp-handler2  # or some such
 </Location>
</VirtualHost>

etc.

I believe this is not currently possible because the only
lisp-handler defined is, well, `lisp-handler'.

Would I have to hack in mod_lisp.c to achieve this sort of functionality?
Or is there a much easier workaround that I'm missing?

Basically, I need each IP to use 1 and only 1 lisp back end.

Any hints whatsoever will be greatly appreciated...

Also, I'm tempted to use 1.3 because I have some existing PHP stuff
which works and has been tested on 1.3, and I'm afraid to move to
Apache 2 because I don't understand the various thread models and what
impact they may have on the modules I'm currently using.  If anyone
thinks this is a spectacularly bad idea, I'd be interested to know why
they think that.

			     --Alain Picard