[mod-lisp-devel] Apache 2 support

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Wed Nov 10 15:13:33 UTC 2004

"Chris Hanson" <cph at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

>I don't know if I'm qualified to comment on this.  My knowledge of
>Apache 2 is sketchy at best, and this program was a simple
>re-implementation of mod-lisp based on (1) reading a bunch of
>documentation on converting modules from 1.3 to 2.0; and (2) trying to
>understand what the mod-lisp code was doing and cleaning it up.
>
>There was a message not long ago saying that mod-lisp was enhanced after
>I ported it, and that the changes should be forward-ported.  Is that
>right?

I think Edi has done it. The remaining problem is the threading model.

>Also, Marc had asked me to relicense under a BSD license, which I am
>willing to do.

Good. So I can use your version as the base for the released mod_lisp2. :)
I was reluctant before as I wouldn't like the MIT to ask a licence fee for
each mod_lisp user...

>In any case, it seems as though it might be time for me to do another
>editing pass to incorporate these changes.  Is there anything else that
>needs to be cleaned up while I'm at it?  Should the socket be moved to a
>different structure?

I've got Edi's version and I'm looking at this now.

Cheers,

Marc