[mod-lisp-devel] Patch: mod_lisp2 and HEAD requests

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Dec 27 13:24:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:45:18 +0100, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> mod_lisp2 will hang if the Lisp side sends a non-empty body although
> the browser sent a HEAD request.  Here's a little patch that tries
> to fix this.  (Read from the Lisp socket but don't write to the
> client.  Is there a better way to do that?)

Now that I think of it a little bit more I'm not so sure what's the
right way to handle this.  A proper reply (from the server to the
client) to a HEAD request will include the correct Content-Length
header.  However, in mod_lisp the Content-Length header sent by the
Lisp process is used to indicate to Apache if Lisp wants to send a
body, i.e. there seems to be no way for the Lisp side to handle HEAD
request in such a way that the content isn't generated but the browser
gets the correct Content-Length header anyway.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Edi.