[Mkcl-devel] Example of embedding MKCL?

Arto Bendiken arto at bendiken.net
Thu Sep 18 10:15:04 UTC 2014

Good morning,

I'm wondering if there is somewhere any example of embedded use of
MKCL from a C/C++ program? I have not yet located one anywhere.

Attempting to proceed based on examples written for ECL is painful, as
more has changed than just naming. I have not yet managed to get
something as simple as [1] ported and to run after half an hour of
effort.

Also, I should mention that I noticed that MKCL built from Git will
install the shared library as /usr/local/lib/mkcl_1.1.10.so, without
the customary lib- prefix. This means that in any case the -lmkcl
linker flag will be ineffective without the manual creation of a
/usr/local/lib/libmkcl.so symlink.

Is MKCL still meant to usable embedded into C/C++ programs, or has it
been evolving in other directions?

Thanks,
Arto

[1] http://cwndr.ws/posts/Calling-Lisp-from-C-using-ECL.html