[mkcl-devel] Fwd: quiclisp

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 02:05:58 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jean-Claude Beaudoin <jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: [mkcl-devel] quiclisp
To: Robert Burghart <jestersks at gmail.com>

Although coming from the same code set of ECL 9.6.2, MKCL and ECL should now
be considered now more like close cousins than as twins.  Just having MKCL
as a clone of ECL, however cleaned-up, would have been pretty much
pointless.

This said, a good first approximation to a MKCL port would be to simply do:

(push :ecl *features*)

and see how far it goes with such a masquerade. ;-)

But this will be less and less successful as time passes, mainly with what
is in works for MKCL 1.1 (entirely revised OS runtime interface to make it
fully support Unicode, C99-complete FFI, memory image dump/load).

Do I hear someone say documentation...