[metacopy-devel] another place where contextl is very handy

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 09:42:38 UTC 2006

Pascal, here's another good use of contextl:

http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/metacopy-devel/2006-October/thread.html#0

only 3 mails, but in summary: there's a generic copy-thing protocol which is
a one-fits-all copy protocol. but one could easily build some macrology on
top of it for customized copy protocols that are the
extension/customizations of the generic copy-thing protocol and/or other
copy protocols. besides the usefulness i think this could be a very good
demonstration of contextl. we need this, so i'll either work on metacopy to
integrate with contextl (not likely, unless i find a way to integrate
metacopy and contextl so that the contextl dependency is optional) or create
a standalone metacopy-like package that depends on contextl.

hoping you find this interesting,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)