[Metabang-bind-devel] Function binding syntax for bind

bobbysmith007 at gmail.com bobbysmith007 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:02:53 UTC 2008

Howdy list,

While working on the same nasty imperative block that led to the
accessors change a couple days ago, I had the need to introduce a small
function in the midst of binding variables sequentially.  I am not sure
if it is worth while, but I thought that others might one day have a
similar need.

I wasn't sure of the appropriate syntax for binding functions, so I took
the approach of making a few different (hopefully sensible) options work.

The following binding forms are converted to labels forms:
(function (test (a b c) (list a b c))
#'(test (a b c) (list a b c))
(:labels (test (a b c) (list a b c))

This binding form is, converted to a flet:
(:flet (test (a b c) (list a b c))

Another suggested syntax that was NOT implemented (because it was not as
directly implementable) was:
(#'test (a b c) (list a b c))

If anyone is interested in this patch:

lisp paste: