[Metabang-bind-devel] binding accessors

Russ Tyndall russ at acceleration.net
Fri Jan 25 21:04:47 UTC 2008

Howdy List,

When I grabbed this package I was very excited by the idea of a
universal binding form.  I especially wanted an efficient object binding
syntax.  I was a little disappointed however, that the bind :accessors
didn't make use of the with-accessors macro.  This means that my object
bindings are not writable.

To overcome this I defined a :writable-accessors form that uses
with-accessors instead of let* for its binding form.  I was wondering if
anyone had any comments on why/not this may be desirable.

Check it out online at:
http://paste.lisp.org/display/54829

I attached a patch containing the code and unit-tests in case anyone was
interested.

Cheers,
--
Russ Tyndall