[Metabang-bind-devel] Re: bind macro

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:32:26 UTC 2008

>  I've got a lot of projects that use the older syntax, I'm also adding
>  a variable that controls how a binding form like ((values a b) (foo))
>  is interpreted and writing some tests and updating the

Gary, please make an option that if this compatibility variable is
:warn (or something similar). then a style-warning is issued when bind
thinks that it's an old VALUES syntax that is going to be interpreted
as a destructuring-bind. i'd suggest that to be the default value,
imho that would make the easiest transition for the users.

i remember when :values became mandatory and random spots in our code
expanded to something unexpected. in fact i sent the patch that
restored the old behavior after the refactor, but seems like that is
also biting people, so that's why i think that :warn should make it
clear what's going on.

--
 attila