[mel-base-devel] Sensing imap connection timeout

Fred Gibson fred at streamfocus.com
Fri Mar 5 21:29:18 UTC 2010

Is there a way to probe the imap connection to find out if it is still
open?  I am a big fan of the mel-base message caching, and don't want
to give that up unless the imap server has timed out.  Unfortunately,
ensure-connection does not sense when the imap server is gone and
hangs if using cached objects from an earlier active connection.  I
tried using with-timeout and handler-case to control for this, but for
some reason with-timeout does not work on my system (ubuntu/sbcl) when
I have all my libraries and application loaded, nor do any timer
functions work at all, a bug I couldn't solve.   Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

My best,

Fred Gibson

Founder / Software Developer