[repository migration]

Max-Gerd Retzlaff m.retzlaff at gmx.net
Wed Mar 22 11:06:11 UTC 2023

Hi,

Oh, very nice! I get more and more weary on using GitHub as well.
It is more and more centeralized and people just use it to show off,
or, as they call it, as a portfolio. Well, that might be okay but
it seems it is more about putting a ownership tag on everything.
Everything is forked dozen times but I get the feeling that this
actually does not mean that people actually collaborate and work
on something together.

Instead, one gets used to being measured all the time with those
graphs on the "Insights" tab, which apparently cannot be switched
off if you don't pay for it.

Now, it is just a social network or retro myspace page based on
markdown and sometimes there is even source code.  But it is
often hidden and you have to click on "view code" first. hah.

Long story short, I welcome that other services are used. If only
to demonstrate that you do not have to use GitHub as there are
no alternatives.

Cheers, Max