[repository migration]

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Mar 13 19:12:02 UTC 2023

Dear All,

I've wanted to do it after the upcoming release but it's months already and it doesn't seem to be much closer than before.

Due to GitHub/Microsoft taking our work without proper attribution and not respecting the license (with CoPilot)
we're moving the repository to a non-profit hosting Codeberg. The new home of the repository is:

https://codeberg.org/McCLIM/McCLIM

The repository on GitHub is archived and available so we won't break existing urls.

During the discussion on our IRC channel some questions emerged:

- why not gitlab.common-lisp.net?

  According to some users it is not very reliable - 2fa, repository
  limit per user, servers are down from time to time.

- what good will that do? people will mirror on github anyway.

  It is a very sad state of affairs that we can't stand up against
  techno-bullies who take from us :| but not doing anything would
  be even worse because that would be a silent consent.

(with-jokes (:ignorable t)

- it learns like human so it is not a violation!

  yada yada yada :)

- but but what about the stars?

  I'm afraid that our inflated ego may not survive this.

)

With this humorous accent I wish you all the best and I hope to see you during upcoming ELS in Amsterdam. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Przemyśl, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi