Displaying updated menubars

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Mon Oct 21 19:14:25 UTC 2019

 From Greg Bennett running sbcl1.5.0 under linux mint 18.3, and
for whom releases.txt in quicklisp shows mcclim-20191008.

Using menutest.lisp in Examples in that release, I have been trying to
display and use an additional command in an existing, running menubar
by updating the appropriate command table. While updating the command table
works, I cannot get the display to use the new table short of destroying
the frame and
rebuilding the appropriate command table and frame.

I see in https://github.com/McCLIM/McCLIM/issues/21 a discussion which
tells me that
the solution is complicated but exists. The discussion ends with

Fix menu bar #153      Merged
dkochmanski closed thi in b7c6ce9 on Apr 9, 2017

This suggests that the solution is part of mcclim but that I have not
yet found it.
The discussion is significantly above my lisp pay-grade, I'm afraid, so
before I
go about stomping on things in an attempt to implement a solution ...

Could someone please point me to the details so that I can (try to)
understand the
solution ?

If I'm incorrect in assuming that the solution is part of mcclim, could
someone tell me
how to make the solution part of my mcclim ?

Cheers /Greg Bennett