Running the examples

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Sun Dec 15 20:24:56 UTC 2019

Hey Greg,

gwbennett writes:

> I should be grateful to learn how be able to run the elements of
> (demodemo) from a listener (connected to lisp via emacs)

The problem comes from the fact, that SWANK stream is not a
CLIM-STREAM. While it would be certainly a cool thing to have at least
some interfaces work on arbitrary streams, it is not something we aim at
currently. This comment by listener means the CLIM listener which has
more features than "ordinary" text stream: you may position cursor
wherever you want, you may clean part of the stream etc etc. Please try:

cl-user> (asdf:load-system 'clim-listener)
cl-user> (clim-listener:run-listener)

And try examples there.

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Przemyśl, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi