x-coord not supplied in blank-area-click

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Thu Aug 2 13:07:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

 the x coordinate is nil when handling blank-area-clicks. This is how
the chain is defined:

(define-presentation-to-command-translator blank-area-click
     (blank-area com-blank-area-click clim-quo
                 :gesture :select
                 :echo nil)
     (x y)
   (list x y))

(define-clim-quo-command (com-blank-area-click :name nil) ((x 'real) (y 'real))
  (handle-blank-area-click (find-pane-named *application-frame* 'canvas) x y))

(defun handle-blank-area-click (pane first-point-x first-point-y)
  (break "blank-area-click x: ~a, y: ~a~%" first-point-x first-point-y)
;;; (details omitted...)
)

When clicking in a blank area of the pane handle-blank-area-click
breaks with:

blank-area-click x: nil, y: 140

The y coordinate is correct. I'm pretty sure it used to work, but the
code is some years old and I'm unsure whether the api might have
changed, but couldn't find anything.

This happens with most recent quicklisp mcclim-20180711-git on arch
linux running sbcl 1.4.8 under X11.

Let me know if you need more details.

Any help is appreciated! I might be able to work around it by
determining the mouse position within the handler code, but this seems
wrong to me...

--
Orm
Prof. Orm Finnendahl