dumb question about gadgets

John Morrison jm at symbolic-simulation.com
Sat Nov 11 20:07:11 UTC 2017

Hi;

In another app I am writing, I BELIEVE gadgets used to come out stacked
vertically.  After an upgrade (to current git), I think they come out
"diagonally," in that the x & y of successive gadgets increase (presumbly
by the dimensions of its preceding gadget).  Please find attached the
simplest test program I could cons up that displays the behavior, along
with a screenshot that shows the behavior.

What is the idiomatic/best way to get them to stack vertically?  I messed
about (again, mostly unsuccessfully, or I wouldn't be pestering you all)
with various approaches, but every time I find myself with a complex
solution, it turns out there is indeed a Better, Simpler Way.

Thanks,

-jm