MCCLIM initial quickload problem

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Oct 17 08:12:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

thanks for the report.

peter writes:

> OSX 10.10.5, CCL 1.12-dev-r16779-trunk (DarwinX8664)
>
> ? (ql:quickload 'mcclim)
> ? To load "mcclim":
>   Load 1 ASDF system:
>     mcclim
>> Error:
>>
>>        NOTE:
>>        * McCLIM was unable to configure itself automatically using
>>          fontconfig. Therefore you must configure it manually.
>>
>> While executing: MCCLIM-TRUETYPE::WARN-ABOUT-UNSET-FONT-PATH, in process
> Listener-2(5).
>> Type cmd-/ to continue, cmd-. to abort, cmd-\ for a list of available
> restarts.
>> If continued: Proceed
>> Type :? for other options.
> 1 >
>
> Haven't begun digging into this, Fairly vanilla OSX.
>
> Peter

This basically means, that McCLIM can't find ttf fonts (i.e fc-match is
not present on the system, nor fonts are put in a standard path).

You may try `font-autoconfigure' branch on the main repository and
check, if it works any better (it has improved font support), provide
the correct path to the ttf files (you will be asked for that later), or
use "ugly" fonts by issuing:

(pushnew :mcclim-ugly *features*)

before loading McCLIM (it will use only X fonts).

Since `font-autoconfigure' branch will be probably merged soon, I'd
advise:

1. trying with this new branch (put McCLIM in
~/quicklisp/local-projects)

2. If it doesn't help, installing fc-match which helps to autodetect
where the fonts are

3. Find out and provide the correct path to the ttf fonts directory
(there is an appropriate restart proposed when needed)

4. If none of these work, please provide more details (you may use
mcclim-ugly to work with McCLIM, but no truetype fonts will be used)

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Przemyśl, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi