[website][development]

C Y smustudent1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 02:51:31 UTC 2016

Woo-hoo - work on McCLIM again!  Awesome!

> On Monday, May 23, 2016 10:05 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Will you import any code from the official clim2, that was recently opensourced?
>
> https://github.com/franzinc/clim2

Holy cow. I wasn't aware of that - incredible news!

I almost hate to ask, but noticing that a) clim2 now seems to have a very liberal license and b) there have been a number of questions over the years in the lisp community as to how LGPL licensing on lisp modules interacts with commercial Lisp code, does anyone have a sense of how the clim2 and McCLIM code bases compare as a starting foundation for "modern" CLIM work?

I don't want to start a big license debate - if those doing the work on the McCLIM code base prefer the LGPL then for me that's an end to it - but the availability of the clim2 release makes it worth asking the question, IMHO.

Cheers,
CY