Crowd-funding McCLIM development maybe?

Robert Strandh robert.strandh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:15:57 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I am investigating the possibility of crowd-funding some work on
McCLIM.

The idea is to pay Daniel Kochmański to work on it around 10 hours per
week for the foreseeable future.  I can pitch in some of the cost for
this myself, and I will probably pitch in all of it if nobody is
interested in contributing.  But the money I pitch in comes from my
personal budget so it would be preferable to get some help.

If some people would be willing to contribute around 50€ per month, it
would not take many contributors to have a near-permanent effort.
Smaller contributions would of course also be welcome.

The work would initially consist of cleaning up the code as is already
happening.  Future work would consist of improving performance, adding
new backends, creating a set of gadgets with a consistent look, fixing
the current problems with mirrored sheets, improving the
documentation, etc.  But not necessarily in that order.

If you are one of the people who would be interested in contributing,
please send me an email with an approximate amount that you would be
willing to contribute.  I don't need a firm pledge.  For now, I am
just investigating whether this is a realistic idea or not.
--
Robert Strandh