Implementing new backends?

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Tue Jul 12 10:58:45 UTC 2016

Hey,

Fabrice Leal writes:

> I've read that there's been some work documenting mcclim's internals, i was
> wondering how hard can it be to implement a new backend?
>
> Like implementing a sdl2 backend, for instance (I've been fantasizing of
> making a xconq like clone using only sbcl + sdl2)

some preliminary work has been done to make implementing a new backends
easier (we have removed some incorrect assumption from the code). That
said, we didn't start the documentation for implementing a new
backends. Implementing sdl2 backend would require some work on figuring
things out from the source code.

I think it is doable by one person, but not easy (I don't have much
experience with backends yet, so this opinion may be misleading).

Best ragards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Poznań, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi