Compiling/installing McCLIM on LispWorks 6.1 Professional Edition

Sian Mountbatten poenikatu at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 06:42:52 UTC 2014

Dear List

I have tried to load McCLIM onto my copy of LispWorks and have
discovered the following error:

In the file mcclim-20140316-git/Lisp-Dep/fix-lispworks.lisp, the last
form is
(defmethod clim-mop:class-direct-superclasses
      ((instance (eql *ptype-t-class*)))
  (list (find-class 'standard-object)))  ;; scary..

I have discovered that *ptype-t-class* is defined in file
presentations.lisp (line 754), but is nowhere given a value. Thus the
parameter "instance" of the method defined above cannot be specialized
on *ptype-t-class*.

Please would you advise me on how to get mcclim loaded into lispworks.

Your sincerely

--
Dr Sian Mountbatten
http://www.poenikatu.co.uk/