Bug in McCLIM ASD file

John Morrison john.nmi.morrison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 22:21:15 UTC 2013

Hey All;

Hope somebody out there is listening.

FYI, in file mcclim.asd, in the defsystem for :clim, there is a dependency
on :goatee-core (good) but also a dependency on file presentation-history
within goatee (bad).  AFAICT short version is that this screws up under
later versions of ASDF2 and all versions of ASDF3 - creating a cycle in
depedencies that causes McCLIM to be reloaded unnecessarily.  This was
particularly troublesome in my prototype quicklisp
GUI<https://bitbucket.org/symbolicsimulation/com.symsim.oss.ql-gui>,
which borked whenever anything based upon McCLIM got loaded...

Eliding the dependency seems to do the right thing.  I have done it in my fork
of McCLIM <https://github.com/jmorrison/mcclim> (bleeding-edge branch), but
I am obviously git-challenged, have not adhered to git best practices, and
have not issued any pull requests...

Would like to contribute more fully, and being indoctrinated in correct git
workflow by whomever is leading the effort...

Please advise.

-jm