[mcclim-devel] mcclim failure with asdf3

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:22:51 UTC 2013

Here is a patch to mcclim.asd that solves several issues with it.
It does *not* solve the issue with warnings;
someone who better understands McCLIM needs to address them.

What it does is:
* simplify the (require :clx) code for allegro and clisp.
 The previous traverse methods caused an error on asdf3
 because of a signature change, but were broken since asdf2 (years ago),
 because of a semantic change in traverse (necessary to make its
 complexity linear rather than cubic in the size of a system).
 That was a showstopper. Instead, I do things in much simpler ways,
 that work and are supported.

* remove the braindead perform :around binding *features*,
 that totally defeated the other perform :after methods that modified it.
 Instead, don't bind *features*, but just push :mcclim on the features
 earlier, early enough to compile ESA and Drei with it
 (and yes, grepping through the code shows it works; the :building-mcclim
 feature is always redundant with :mcclim; it should just die.)

* all these uses of make-pathname were necessary in ASDF1,
 but haven't been since ASDF2. I simplified them away.

One of you still has to resolve all the warning issues.
Some of them *might* disappear if you merge some of your systems together.
Or not.

La vie n'est pas un restaurant mais un buffet. Levez-vous pour vous servir.
	Life is not a restaurant but a buffet. Stand up to serve yourself.
		— Dominique Glocheux