[mcclim-devel] Why is CLIM dead

Bill Sauer bill at volersystems.com
Mon Jul 9 15:17:27 UTC 2012

Thank you, I will try that.

Bill

From: Mariano Montone
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 9:15 AM
To: Bill Sauer
Cc: Christophe Rhodes ; mcclim-devel at common-lisp.net
Subject: Re: [mcclim-devel] Why is CLIM dead

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Bill Sauer <bill at volersystems.com> wrote:

  Hi,

  As a casual user of CLIM I find the most frustrating problem is just downloading all the proper pieces and placing them where they can be used.  If someone would take the time to create a pdf of step by step instructions on where to go, what to download, and the required destinations it would be most helpful.  I know some things like this exist but many seem out of date and don’t really work that well.

  I currently use SBCL on a Fedora 12 machine.

  Regards
  Bill Sauer

Bill,
       in my case using Quicklisp works with no problems. I'm on an Ubuntu Machine and SBCL.

First install quicklisp, if you haven't already: http://www.quicklisp.org.

Then evaluate:

(ql:quickload :mcclim)

For better looking fonts, evaluate: