[mcclim-devel] Problem starting McClim

Bruce Seely seelybs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 09:35:56 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I would like to use mcclim. I've loaded it (along with clx, flexichains,
and spacial-trees), and get this error when I try to start the demo:

CL-USER(15): (clim-demo::run-test 'clim-demo::demodemo)
; Autoloading for ACL-SOCKET:CONFIGURE-DNS:
; Fast loading from bundle code/acldns.fasl.
Error: "Connection timed out" (errno 60) occurred while
        creating a local socket and connecting to a remote host
"tmp/launch-4lQnm8/org.x" (67.215.65.132) on port 6000.
   [condition type: SOCKET-ERROR]

I suspect that it's a problem with the configuration issue with my mac,
and not a mcclim problem, but I'm stuck. Is someone might be able to
tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode, running
Franz Allegro Common Lisp, version 82 (acl8264). Do I need to do
something about enabling sockets,  or something like that?

Is there any more information that would be helpful in explaining the
problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
Bruce