[mcclim-devel] Errors installing McClim

Oliver Uvman oliver.uvman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:38:49 UTC 2010

Hello!

I'm trying to follow the guide on
http://mcclim.cliki.net/McCLIM%2BSBCL for installing McClim, but when
I do (asdf-install:install :mcclim) I get an error, which I tried to
accept and continue the install from, but the errors just keep coming
after that so I thought I'd ask. The error I'm getting is:

; compilation aborted because of fatal error:
;   SB-INT:SIMPLE-READER-PACKAGE-ERROR at 5151 (line 128, column 45)
on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM
;
   for "file /usr/share/common-lisp/source/slime/swank-loader.lisp"
;
   {BF565E1}>:
;     package "CLC" not found
;
; compilation aborted after 0:00:00.063

debugger invoked on a TYPE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" RUNNING
                                             {A9F5811}>:
  The value NIL
  is not of type
    (OR (VECTOR CHARACTER) (VECTOR NIL) BASE-STRING PATHNAME STREAM).

I tried (asdf-install:install :clc) but there doesn't seem to be a
package with that name. I know it stands for common-lisp-controller,
and I have it apt-getted on my system (Ubuntu Lucid x86). Anybody know
what the problem is?

Regards,
Oliver Uvman