[mcclim-devel] mouse wheel gesture?

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Wed Dec 22 23:25:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:24:25AM +0100, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> hmm, can't make it work with the mouse wheel.
>
> This works:
>
> (define-gesture-name :up :pointer-button-press :middle)
>
> This doesn't work:
>
> (define-gesture-name :up :pointer-button-press :wheel-up)
>
> I also tried ":pointer-button" in place of "pointer-button-press".

Hmm, sorry, no wheel mouse here, so I can't test. But shouldn't that be
  (define-gesture-name :up :pointer-button-press (:wheel-up))

> Is there any way to find out, whether sbcl/mcclim is getting the event
> at all and what it gets translated into? The mouse wheel works in
> other applications.

Well, the wheel buttons are used in panes.lisp (for scrolling), so maybe
you could just test scrolling with the mouse wheel. Thinking of it:
maybe your application pane inherits from mouse-wheel-scroll-mixin and somehow the
scroll event gets eaten by that class' dispatch-event ...

 Cheers, RalfD

BTW, send me your newest version, I can test with scroll-wheel tomorrow.