[mcclim-devel] mouse wheel gesture?

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Tue Dec 21 21:56:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 09:08:56PM +0100, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  thanks to your help, the first prototype of the apps behaviour is
> surfacing and clim's mechanisms are getting less and less obscure.
>
> I couldn't find documentation, whether mouse wheel movement is
> implemented as gesture in mcclim. In my app this would be very useful,
> but I could imagine, clim was invented long before mousewheels
> appeared.

Oh dear, no. There where wheel back in the old days. Mighty wheels of
oak and iron, but wheels nevertheless :-)

>From 'stream-input.lisp' in function 'realize-gesture-spec':

 (let ((real-device-name
                    (case device-name
                      (:left       +pointer-left-button+)
                      (:middle     +pointer-middle-button+)
                      (:right      +pointer-right-button+)
                      (:wheel-up   +pointer-wheel-up+)
                      (:wheel-down +pointer-wheel-down+)
                      (t (error "~S is not a known button" device-name)))))

Cheers and happy christmas

 RalfD