[mcclim-devel] cpu constantly at 99% with just a simple GUI open

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Tue Mar 4 06:30:59 UTC 2008

Hi Troels and David,

Originally I wanted to answer to your emails when everything works ...
but as there are new problems which make it impossible to use sbcl on my
computer I will switch back to cmucl for a while and postpone the
development of the gui until sbcl works again.  As this might take some
time I thought I rather answer to your last emails now.

Following your suggestions I installed sbcl, the lisp userland and
mcclim with clbuild - and beside some minor problems (inbetween them the
crashing of more or less half of the mcclim demodemo examples) things
seemed to work somehow.

As I only need very simple gui functionality, I decided to give it a try
and ported my code from cmucl to sbcl as you told me that this is the
lisp implementation which currently works best with mcclim.

Unfortunately since yesterday there is a new problem with an updated
version of libc6 on debian which renders sbcl unusable on my computer
(See the thread "[Sbcl-devel] SBCL hanging seemingly randomly",
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1204420182.4466.42.camel%40hake&forum_name=sbcl-devel ) and I will switch back to cmucl and postpone the development of the gui until things work again.

Thanks a lot for your help and the efforts you put into mcclim!
Probably until some time later,

Dietrich