[mcclim-devel] Crude multilingual input: CLX meets XKB's body parts.

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Mon Jun 23 06:33:09 UTC 2008

Samium Gromoff <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> writes:

> Of course I'm sending the CLX part to a wrong list.

That's OK :-)

> What it does?
>
> 1. CLX part
>
> First, it tells CLX to ask the X server to enable XKEYBOARD.
> This part wants to be performed conditionally, depending on the
> extension's existence, obviously, which I skipped.
>
> Next, it defines keysym -> CL character mappings for the
> Cyrillic part of Unicode.

OK, this looks cool.  (The conditional bit shouldn't be hard; take a
look a the BIG-REQUESTS bit.)

My understanding about XKEYBOARD is that a stylish CLX implementation
of it would hook into a few more things than just keycode->keysym.  I
have read the XKEYBOARD spec several times, and each time I seem to
forget almost instantly the details :-/

Cheers,

Christophe