[mcclim-devel] Re: Building on OpenMCL

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Wed Jan 30 13:08:35 UTC 2008

Quoting Troels Henriksen (athas at sigkill.dk):
> I got an email from Fred Gilham suggesting that the error is the use
> of the functions that are automatically created by DEFSTRUCT. These
> functions are not guaranteed to be available at compile-time. I
> committed his proposed fix, which was to wrap the defstruct forms in
> eval-when. Does this fix it?

No.

Defining MAKE-LOAD-FORM methods for those defstructs helps fix this
problem, although it ends up requiring even more MAKE-LOAD-FORM methods
on other stuff like %FOREGROUND ink.

Then it fails recompilation because OpenMCL goes all SBCL and complains
that +default-stroke-drawer-dispatcher+ is being redefined to a non-EQL
value.

I'd think the better solution is to take all DEFCONSTANT uses in Drei
and replace them with DEFVAR.

d.