[mcclim-devel] McCLIM 2.0 in 2008

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Thu Jan 17 14:06:18 UTC 2008

Robert Strandh <strandh at labri.fr> writes:

> No, because unless you know all functions in the spec by heart, you
> cannot know whether some code is intended to implement such a
> function, or whether it is a function specific to the way it was
> implemented.  The reference to the spec could take the form of a
> section number.  There is something like that in regions.lisp.

Yes, I see how this would be useful.

> I agree, but we must decide what optional parts should be included.

How about anything that is currently implemented? Which parts of the
spec are optional? I know about general designs, but what else?

> Of course, but I think the easiest way to get there is to make sure
> the parts we have work first of all.

Fortunately, I think most of them do. McCLIM isn't as bad as its
reputation with respect to stability and compliance, the issues I know
of are certainly fairly obscure.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen